Frequently Asked Questions
What does registration for the 2017 Black University summit cover?
- The $8 registration fee covers transportation, housing & meals. This fee allows us to provide the most out of this convening space.
Why are Black PWI (Predominately/Historically White Institutions) students not eligible to attend?
- This summit is for HBCU students to strategize about ways of protecting our tradition of leading social movements that have been under attack since our founding. We recognize the struggle of Black students at both institutions are similar, however, we know that the organizing approach for HBCUs are different than that of Black PWI students, we support them in their organizing efforts and know we must be apart of a United Front.
Who is eligible to attend the summit?
- All Black students currently attending a North Carolina HBCU can attend the summit. If you are eligible, register here: Black University Summit 2017
- Those not eligible will only be able to be present on a volunteer basis. We encourage those ineligible to email firstname.lastname@example.org to express their interest in supporting, limited slots are open.
How can I support the Black University summit?
- Other means of support include promoting this space to anyone you know that is eligible to attend and sharing the donation option on the summit registration page, that can be found here: bit.ly/2v9A7CN.
We also have a materials registry that can be found here: http://a.co/5KzoSD3. If you have other forms of donations (books, apparel, toolkits, etc.) please e-mail us.
If your question was not answered please contact us directly at email@example.com.